Serious hikers might venture into the hills regardless of the weather, but the vast majority of people probably prefer a dry, sunny day with a cool breeze. Summer is quickly turning into fall here, so you're running out of time for regular, pleasant hiking adventures. Round up your friends and family, perhaps your dog, and hit the trails before you're forced to pick and choose based on what the sky looks like.
The Franklin Falls trail in Snoqualmie Pass is two miles round trip, with a total elevation gain of 400 feet that eventually puts you 2600 feet from ground level. You might feel exhausted when you reach the top, but as you know, the Pacific Northwest features some majestic vantage points that you have to experience to believe. And the waterfall is worth it, we promise!
You just need your feet, food, and water to tackle the trail, but you'll need a vehicle that can handle highways and rough terrain. A vehicle that protects the scenery around you is a bonus, of course! Honda always takes the Hybrid Road when it comes to saving the environment, and that's why they offer a whole family of hybrid vehicles for you to drive. The CR-V recently joined that family, and it's the perfect SUV for outings in the city or adventures in the wilderness.
Choose from EX, EX-L, and Touring trims, and enjoy the following features on this stylish, environmentally friendly vehicle:
- Three different drive modes, including ECON mode to improve fuel efficiency, Sport mode to power up the engine, and EV mode to allow the electric motor to take over completely.
- The 2.0-liter, DOHC i-VTEC Atkinson-cycle engine, electric motor, and e-CVT transmission work together to deliver 212 horsepower and ultra-responsive acceleration.
- EPA-estimated 40 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway
- Standard all-wheel drive
- A regenerative braking feature that enables the battery to charge whenever the accelerator pedal is released
- A wireless phone charger, 7-inch display screen, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- The dual-zone automatic climate control system allows you and your passenger to set custom temperatures on either side of the vehicle.
- Automatic LED headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers prepare you for the Northwest's worst weather.
- The blind-spot information system utilizes sensors in the rear bumper to alert you if vehicles are approaching from behind you.
- A multi-angle rearview camera shows you three different angles of the back of the vehicle.
- The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System uses offline maps to guide you to your destination, even if you don't have cell service.
- Honda Sensing safety technologies are included to protect you on the road.
- A five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Travel with up to five passengers and enjoy 33.2 cubic feet of cargo space for your luggage, gear, shopping bags, or whatever else you need to take with you. If you fold the second row of seats down, the cargo space grows to 68.7 cubic feet, enough for even your biggest adventures.
- The push-button start allows you to start the vehicle without having to take the keys out of your pocket or purse.
The Honda CR-V Hybrid starts at $27,850 MSRP.
To learn more about the Honda CR-V Hybrid and all of Honda's vehicles, visit Western Washington Honda Dealers online.
MSRP excludes tax, license, registration, $1,225 destination charge, and accessories. Dealer prices may vary. MSRP does not include $395 charge for premium colors.
40 city/35 highway/38 combined mpg rating is based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.
Government five-star safety ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program.