It's Apple Cup week, and you know what that means — soon, Huskies, Cougs and everyone in-between will gather around the state to see who takes home the W.
In Seattle, UW football typically involves tailgating in some capacity. So, it's not super shocking to find out our city is one of the best places for tailgating in the country, according to a recent study.
Sorry, Cougs (as an alum, I really do feel your pain) — but Seattle and the University of Washington have been ranked the #3 best city in the United States for tailgating, falling just behind Austin, Texas, and Columbus, Ohio:
- Austin, Texas - University of Texas at Austin
- Columbus, Ohio - Ohio State University
- Seattle, Washington - University of Washington
- Ann Arbor, Michigan - University of Michigan
- State College, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania State University
The company SimpleTexting created the ranking based on average ticket cost, stadium capacity, number of bars and other factors. You can view the full study online.