Note: These events are adhering to current CDC guidelines and City of Seattle protocols regarding COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, negative COVID test and face coverings will be required. Visit each event/venue's website for specific information.
Whether you're down to party all night long or be in bed by 12:01 a.m. — there are plenty of ways to celebrate New Year's Eve and welcome 2022 in style. Here's a roundup of events to consider ringing in the New Year:
INDULGENCE New Year's Eve Bash
Complete with dancing, champagne, music and comedians, MoPOP is hosting INDULGENCE — sure to be one of the best New Year's Eve parties yet.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, 8:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Where: MoPOP (Museum of Pop Culture)
- Price: $119 to $450; purchase tickets online
FREE FAMILY FUN: Virtual party at Seattle Aquarium
This one's for the kiddos. Everyone is invited to the virtual streaming at the Seattle Aquarium for the Noon Year's Eve celebration. Welcome 2022 with new animals, music and dances. Families will enjoy music from Mikey the Rad Scientist, plus learn amazing facts about some of the animals at the Seattle Aquarium. Whether you're planning an early night, or you'd just like to get a jump on your celebration, this party will offer plenty of fun for all ages — and you don't have to leave the house.
Registration closes at 10am on December 31. Emails will be sent before 11am on the day of the event.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Virtual streaming on YouTube, register here.
- Price: Free
King St. Ballroom & Perch
Celebrate NYE Gatsby-style at King St. Ballroom & Perch, surrounded by urban skyline views in the most elegant setting. Guest will enjoy four hours of a prepaid bar, top local DJs, casino games with prizes and more. Dress in your best 1920s flapper fashion.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Where: King Street Ballroom & Perch
- Price: $89 and up; purchase tickets online
CANCELLED: The Crocodile
Update as of Dec. 30: This event has been cancelled
Freakout Records is taking over the new and improved Crocodile for New Year's Eve and has curated a set of nine bands on two stages and Emerald City Soul Club DJs. Expect some NYE flare and decor, champagne and great music.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, starting at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Crocodile
- Price: $30 per person/GA; purchase tickets online
SOLD OUT: Tinte Cellars
Update as of Dec. 30: This event is sold out
Keep it classy this New Year's Eve at Tinte Cellars' first Perfect Pairing event at the family-owned winery's Georgetown tasting room. Guests will enjoy a curated a flight of four Tinte Cellars wines then as the evening unfolds, they will enjoy three Tinte wines paired with selected seasonal cake slices from the iconic local cake shop, Deep Sea Sugar and Salt.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Tinte Cellars Georgetown
- Price: $44 per person/GA; purchase tickets online
LIMITED TICKETS: Queer/Bar
Update as of Dec. 30: Online tickets have sold out, however, limited view tickets may be available at door.
Ring in 2022 at Seattle's Queer/Bar on Capitol Hill. Dance into the new year with DJ Baby Van Beezly and the cast of MX, including "RuPaul's Drag Race" contender Bosco. See her perform for one of the last times before going up, away and on tour! The night will also include a complimentary champagne toast.
- When: Doors open at 7 p.m., meet and greets start at 8:30 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m. (wear your comfy heels, as they will be open until 3 a.m.)
- Where: Queer/Bar
- Price: Prices start at $20 per person for GA and go up from there; purchase tickets online
SOLD OUT: Smith Tower Grandeur Affair
Update as of Dec. 30: Seated event sold out.
Bust out your diamonds, pearls and everything sparkly and come dressed to impress in flapper fashion for an extravagant affair at Smith Tower's 1920s themed party. Champagne will be flowing and music will be swinging at the best speakeasy in town. All tickets include a five-course plated dinner, two standard cocktails, bottle of Bollinger Champagne and a midnight champagne toast.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Where: Smith Tower's Observatory
- Price: Prices vary; purchase tickets online
Comedy, camaraderie and champagne! Laugh your way into the new year at Xtreme Theatresports New Year's Eve Party. Attend Seattle's only fast-paced comedy improv battle. 20 hilarious improvisers split up into four teams and scored with cards marked 0-5 by the audience. This is an off-the-chart party — head full speed into the New Year with a special champagne toast as the ball drops at midnight.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, doors open at 9 p.m.
- Where: Unexpected Productions
- Price: $38 to $50; purchase tickets online
New Year's Eve 2022 Boat Party
Welcome the New Year on the water with the New Year's Eve 2022 Boat Party. The Spirit of 76 Yacht will cruise the Harbor while guests enjoy a full bar, two dance floors and it's heated throughout. The majority of the yacht is indoors, with a large deck for viewing the city lights.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, boards at 9 p.m.
- Where: Lake Union Charters/Emerald City Party Boats
- Price: Start at $125; purchase tickets online
Slide into 2022 with non-stop hip-hop music at the New Year 2022 Welcome Party hosted by STAGE. Dress to impress with the red-carpet theme, champagne toast and ball drop at midnight.
- When: Friday, Dec. 31, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Where: STAGE Seattle
- Cost: Start at $35-$1,300; purchase tickets online
Happy New Year!