Welcome to the Weekend Report, where we tell you what's up in Seattle this weekend — things you definitely don't want to miss. We're guaranteed to miss some, so email us at email@example.com if there is something wonderful we need to know about!
Friday, Oct. 1
Fall Lantern Festival. Explore an installation of hand-painted lanterns, food and music.
- 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Upper Lawns of Freeway Park
Friday to Sunday, Oct. 1-3
Coeur Cause Sparkling Rosé Charity Event. The Coeur Cause Sparkling Reisling released by Milbrandt Vineyards and Coeur Cause in June was so popular, they are doing it again with a Coeur Cause Sparkling Rosé. 10% of the sales of this wine will go to the Walk to End Alzheimer's in Washington State through the end of 2022. The event will feature a raffle and an auction.
- Noon to 6 p.m. each day
- $35 per person or waived with one-bottle Coeur Cause purchase, $15 for wine club members or waived with one-bottle Coeur Cause purchase; call 425-949-7660 to make a reservation.
- Milbrandt Vineyards Tasting Room
Ten Days of Oktoberfest. Three days of food and drink specials, live music, football and the first-ever Kraken preseason match.
- Find a schedule of the weekend's events and cover information online.
- Queen Anne Beerhall
Saturday, Oct. 2
U District Station Opening Festival & $3 Food Walk. This festival is celebrating the opening of the new Light Rail Station with festivities, live music, a beer garden and a $3 food walk with more than 40 restaurants participating, offering two signature bites.
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Brooklyn Ave NE & NE 43rd St
Walk to End Alzheimer's. This walk aims to raise awareness and funds to care, support and research. Keep an eye out on Friday as many iconic Seattle landmarks "go purple" for the event.
- Registration at 8 a.m., ceremony at 9 a.m. then walk
- No registration fee but fundraising and donations are encouraged; register online
- Seattle Center, South Fountain Lawn
Sunday, Oct. 3
Launch 22 Conference. This female entrepreneurship conference will feature a panel of six speakers, lunch and more.
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- $75; purchase online
- Block 41