Welcome to the Weekend Report, where we tell you what's up in Seattle this weekend — new and fun things to do, see and try. We're guaranteed to miss some, so email us at email@example.com if there is something wonderful we need to know about!
Friday and Sunday, Aug. 26 and 28
Ichiro Weekend. Spend the weekend celebrating this Mariners and MLB legend — #51 will be immortalized into Seattle sports history as the 10th member of the Mariners Hall of Fame.
- 7:10 p.m. game Friday and 1:10 p.m. Sunday (Saturday is sold out)
- Tickets starting at $23 both days; purchase online
- T-Mobile Park
Saturday, Aug. 27
- Noon to 6 p.m.
- Free to attend
- 17th Ave SW between Delridge Way SW and Roxbury Street in Seattle
Kendrick Lamar: The Big Steppers Tour. This legendary rapper is coming to Seattle. Lamar released his long-awaited fifth studio album, "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers," in May.
- 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets start at $130; purchase online
- Climate Pledge Arena
Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 27-28
Scooped! Ice Cream Festival. A two-day all-you-can-eat ice cream fest? Sign us up! It will feature more than 75 ice cream flavors from various local and national brands. Ice cream lovers with dietary restrictions can also expect vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free flavors.
- Noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
- $25 to $50; purchase online
- Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center
- 3 to 10:30 p.m. each day
- $65 for the weekend, $35 single day; purchase online
- Port of Olympia
Sunday, Aug. 28
ALICIA: The World Tour. The ever-iconic Alicia Keys is coming to Seattle.
- 8 p.m.
- Tickets starting at $134.99; purchase online
- WAMU Theater