I just had the most relaxing facial and I walked away feeling so refreshed and glowing that I have to share.
Yuan Spa in Kirkland recently unveiled a new menu of targeted facials featuring Australia's leading skincare brand, Ultraceuticals. The new RVR90 series is designed to give "real visible results" in 90 days.
This is a big deal because Yuan Spa is the only spa in the PNW offering this popular series.
The facials are meant to be used within 90 days as a series (3-5 facials) so I'm already eager to go back. After not sleeping through the night for 8 months (mama duty!), I'm pretty sure I passed out on the table. SO RELAXING.
The series is a great way to get your skin ready for special events, holiday parties, photoshoots, weddings, and more. If you're looking to steal the spotlight this holiday season, we got you!
So, what makes these facials standouts? All Ultraceuticals treatments incorporate the powerful UltraSonophoresis (Infusion) technology. UltraSonophoresis utilizes low-frequency ultrasound that has been shown to increase transdermal penetration of various ingredients up to 1,000 times of that achieved with other application methods. The treatments integrate a vitamin infusion to boost penetration of potent actives deeper into the skin. You can hear and feel a tiny little buzz on your face throughout the service but it isn't annoying or painful in any way.
After not practicing self-care for some time now, I jumped at the opportunity to visit the gorgeous new Yuan Spa Kirkland location and partake in a mini spa day.
I walked in feeling super dry and dull and left feeling uber relaxed, moisturized and glowing.
There are a handful of different facial options you can opt for that all target different things like moisturizing needs, firming and more.
I went for the Ultra Boosted Glow, a facial designed to restore skin and correct sun damage. Your esthetician will help direct you and mine did! I had to stop my gal mid-service to take this photo for you all. Yes, I look like a full-blown mummy. This is how all that lovely moisture and product is setting into my skin and it felt like heaven!
All the options:
- Ultra-Triple Infusion Facial: Refine and hydrate the skin with a rejuvenating experience. This signature treatment combines the Ultraceuticals double cleanse, luxurious massage techniques, customized two-phase corrective cosmeceutical serums and performance mask infused with UltraINFUSION. This option is for all skin types.
- Ultra-Clear Facial: This option is meant to improve surface skin congestion, skin tone, and reduce inflammation with AHAs from bitter almonds blended with anti-aging ingredient Niacinamide and potent anti-oxidant Clove Oil.
- Ultra-Firming Facial: This facial is all about hydration and firming and ideal for fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration. I want this one next!
- Ultra-Brightening Facial: This is all about the glow-up. Restore skin from premature aging or sun damage with this high-strength peel. Featuring Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Salicylic Acid (BHA), and Vitamin B3 combined with a powerful blend of brightening agents. Corrective cosmeceutical serums infused with UltraINFUSION work in synergy to diminish dark spots and hyperpigmentation to reveal a brighter, clearer complexion.
- Ultra Anti-Aging: The powerhouse of all anti-aging treatments! This fast-acting, non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment combines Vitamin A (Retinol) and Bromelain (from pineapple) to refresh, refine, hydrate and plump skin. Delivered with UltraINFUSION, ingredients work quickly to dramatically diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and improve overall skin luminosity. Sign me up!
The spa generally recommends that the facials be completed 3 weeks apart, in regular intervals. But the timing also depends on what package people are purchasing. For example, if you buy the platinum package and get 5 services in 90 days, you'll do a facial every 2.5 weeks. If you're buying the starter package and doing 3 services in 90 days, you'll simply do 1 facial each month.
It's been more than a week since I got my first service, and my skin still feels amazing. My makeup is going on easier and for once I don't look as tired. I'm opting for no foundation and using only a small amount of powder and blush on my skin.
Make it a full spa day and book a Hydrotherapy Day pass for $20. Note: you need to book this separately and enjoy the pools prior to your facial.
Ultraceuticals is cruelty-free and safe for sensitive skin. In addition, Ultraceuticals products are free of harsh chemicals, propylene glycol, parabens, synthetic dyes, and fragrances. 60-minute facials from the Ultraceuticals menu start at $150. Learn more about Yuan Spa’s menu of Ultraceuticals facial treatments here.
Kate Neidigh is a freelance lifestyle writer for Seattle Refined. See more of her work on Instagram here. While the products, services and/or accommodations in this story were provided without charge, the opinions within are those of the author and the Seattle Refined editorial board.