With recent features in NY Magazine and Forbes, it only makes sense that Seattle Refined share the local love with Adorned Abode too! This darling shop in the heart of Tacoma - on E. D St & E. 25th St - showcases fine gifts for all; they’re the perfect venue to browse when you want to surprise a friend, find the ideal gift for Mother’s Day, or say “thank you” to one or many.
Founded by Benita Smith during the fall of 2016, Adorned Abode is tucked in the Old Historic Freighthouse Square. There she pedals her wares with midwestern charm, a side of effervescent entrepreneurship, and a genuine smile.
“I’ve always really loved the ‘Art of Gift Giving’ and how special a unique gift can be," said Smith. "I’ve been fortunate enough to have some really fantastic gift givers in my family and circle of friends that put so much thought into their gifts and took so much care. They often shopped small businesses while doing so.”
This “Art of Gift Giving” spurred Smith to launch Adorned Abode - she wanted to be a landing place for others seeking to give the perfect, thoughtful gift. Whether it be a one-time gift or an opportunity to facilitate corporate gifting, you can count on Adorned Abode to curate a beautiful collection of locally made and made in the USA gifts as well as international and fair trade items. From stationary to houseplants (yes!), to chocolates, spa products, candles, and incense - Adorned Abode has it all.
With Mother’s Day and other spring celebrations around the corner Smith recommends some of the following gifts:
- Garden Gloves - Flowers lovers will fall for these beautiful English cottage garden inspired gloves; plus, you can’t beat that extra coverage. Add this precious tin of seeds and your gift is complete!
- Plantable Greeting Cards - Can you think of a better card to pair with a new houseplant? I think not!
- Rechargeable USB Candle Lighter - Candle lovers will go crazy for this useful tool.
- Lavender Lime 2602 Essentials Soap - Encourage some relaxation with this made in WA and CA, hand poured, small batch soap.
- A Year of Connection - This bundle of cards comes complete with a guide to both teach and encourage you to reach out to those in your life. In a season of seeing one another less, it is important to proactively connect more.
As the calendar turns to Father’s Day and graduations you can expect fresh and new merchandise at Adorned Abode. So, remember, always check with small first when it comes to gift giving! Stay tuned on Instagram for fun updates.
As a special thank you to Seattle Refined readers, Adorned Abode is offering 10% off with code ROSE. This promotion is available through March 16th (Benita’s mom’s birthday - hence the code ROSE - who is a constant inspiration to both Benita and the shop).
Now, keep in mind, with current shopping limitations, Adorned Abode has adjusted to offer appointment only browsing. In fact, you can turn an Adorned Abode shopping trip into the perfect, private, social distanced outing. Just make an appointment for up to four people and shop to your heart’s content with a few family members or friends. If popping into the store isn’t ideal for you, Adorned Abode also offers online shopping, curbside pick up and local delivery.
Want to support more small businesses like Adorned Abode? We're proud to collaborate with Intentionalist, an online guide that makes it easier for you to find/connect with diverse local businesses owned by women, people of color, veterans, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities.