While you were busy cheering and celebrating the Mariners' wins this weekend, brewers from Washington were in Denver, Colorado winning awards for themselves at the annual Great American Beer Festival (GABF).
The festival is one of the most prestigious in the beer world and every year thousands of breweries and brewers across the country enter for a chance to have their beers recognized as the best in their category.
This year, Washington breweries won 19 medals with Seattle breweries taking home the most awards out of Washington.
- Field beer Bronze: Rachelle, Fair Isle Brewing, Seattle
- Pumpkin beer Gold: Night Owl, Elysian Brewing Co., Seattle
- Coffee beer Bronze: Gusto Crema Coffee Ale, Georgetown Brewing Co., Seattle
- Session beer or Belgian-style table beer Bronze: First to Fall, The Good Society, Seattle
- Gluten-free beer Bronze: Gosefish Hibiscus-Cranberry Hose, Ghostfish Brewing
- Light lager Gold: Chuckanut Chuck Light, Chuckanut Brewery, Burlington, WA
- Light lager Bronze: Wrath Premium American Lager, Grains of Wrath Brewing, Camas, WA
- German dark lager Bronze: Schwarzbier, Rainy Daze Brewing Co., Poulsbo, WA
- Golden or Blonde Ale Silver: Blonde Ale, Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro, Bellingham, WA
- Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale Silver: Alpenhaze, Icicle Brewing Co. Leavenworth, WA
- English-style brown ale Bronze: Brown Ale, Lowercase Brewing, Seattle
- German sour ale Gold: Gose, Kulshan Brewing Co., Bellingham, WA
- German sour ale Silver: Champagne Toast, Wander Brewing, Bellingham, WA
- German-style Altbier Gold: Lithium, Resonate Brewery + Pizzeria, Bellevue, WA
- Belgian-style sour ale Silver: Foxy Lady, Silver City Brewery, Bremerton, WA
- Brown porter Gold: Transporter, Kulshan Brewing Co., Bellingham WA
- Old ale or strong ale or barley win Gold: Three Ryes Men, Reuben's Brews, Seattle
- Fresh hop beer Gold: Mistadobalina, Perry Street Brewing, Spokane, WA
- Fresh hop beer Silver: Hyperion, Varietal Beer Co., Sunnyside, WA