Here in the beautiful Emerald City, we go wild for fresh, local food. We are loyal to our favorite restaurants, line up around the block to try a new popup and follow food trucks around the city like it's our job.
This is why it's no shock Seattle landed in the top 10 on WalletHub's "2021's Best Foodie Cities in America" list.
The personal finance site ranked 180 of the United States' largest cities across 29 key metrics. Coming in at #9, Seattle ranked:
- 1st in Affordability & Accessibility of Highly Rated Restaurants
- 1st in Craft Breweries & Wineries per Capita
- 6th in Percent of Residents Who Are Fully Vaccinated
- 11th in Restaurants per Capita
- 19th in Gourmet Specialty-Food Stores per Capita
- 36th in Number of Grocery Stores per Capita
- 39th in Coffee & Tea Shops per Capita
Cities that beat us included Orlando, Miami, San Francisco, Austin, Sacramento, Denver and Las Vegas - with Portland, OR coming in as #1.
You can view the full report online.