Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind, but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! We love sharing a new cocktail with you every week that can be made at home with recipes that are both easy and delicious! This mocktail recipe is courtesy of Christy Goff, a registered dietitian nutritionist and yoga instructor at Pacific Medical Centers.
This drink is a perfect summer picnic addition! It uses limited ingredients, mostly natural sugars and a little acid to enhance the flavors. Keep it virgin or add in wine, champagne or liquor of choice.
- 1-pound seedless watermelon, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Ice cubes
How to make it
- In a blender or food processor, combine watermelon, lime and honey and blend until smooth
- Pour through a strainer into a pitcher; discard solids (or use in a smoothie later)
- Add cold water for a diluted flavor and less sugar
- Serve well-chilled over ice
- Makes 3-4 servings
Fun additions: Make it alcoholic by mixing in 1/2 cup wine or champagne with 1/2 cup of watermelon juice for a spritzer!
The recipe above adapted from Whole Foods, Watermelon Aqua Fresca.