While a traditional Buck is any cocktail that mixes your favorite liquor with citrus and ginger beer, our version is one ingredient shy of the truly classic blend. For us, this drink's perfect balance of whiskey, lemon and strawberry was enough to say, "The Buck Stops Here!" So, shake one up and see for yourself — ginger beer just isn't needed here.
- 2 oz. whiskey
- 0.75 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 strawberries
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- 2 dashes of angostura bitters
- Lemon slices for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Muddle the strawberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all other ingredients and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with strawberry and lemon slices.
Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour.
Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content produced by VMG Studios. Please drink responsibly.