Smoked cocktails have really become a favorite around here, and Kelly Sparks has no doubt that the Smoke Show will be in her libation rotation for the foreseeable future.
The combination of tequila, cherry and agave with the rich flavors imparted by cherry wood chips is a real crowd-pleaser. The dramatic flair that accompanies the preparation of a smoked cocktail will surely be a memorable experience for all on-lookers.
- 1.5 oz. Tequila
- 0.25 oz. Cherry Syrup
- 0.5 oz. Agave Syrup
- 0.75 oz Lime Juice
- Cherry Wood Chips for Smoking
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Rim the top of your cocktail glass with salt and set aside. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker, top with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into your pre-rimmed cocktail glass and place it into a cigar box.
- Place a small pile of cherry wood chips in a piece of foil and light. Extinguish active flames, but allow chips to continue smoking. Use a pair of tongs to place piece of foil containing wood chips into the cigar box.
- Close the lid and let sit for 1-2 minutes. Open box and enjoy! Please remove wood chips from box and ensure they are fully extinguished.
Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour.
Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content produced by VMG Studios. Please drink responsibly.