Did you have a favorite fairy tale growing up? "Princess and the Pea" was certainly high on Queen Bee's list, and with the pure magic of this week's cocktail, its name had to be a take on the beloved story time classic. Trust us, this drink's delightful combination of gin, grapefruit, coconut and lemon make it true royalty!
- 2 oz. Empress Gin
- 0.5 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. Cream of Coconut
- 1 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
- 2 Dashes Orange Bitters
- Float of Butterfly Pea Flower Team
- Small Handful of Shredded Coconut
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add all ingredients, except butterfly pea flower tea and shredded coconut to a cocktail shaker.
- Top with ice and shake until chilled.
- Pour into a cocktail glass over fresh ice.
- Top with float of butterfly pea flower tea and sprinkle of shredded coconut.
Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour.
Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content produced by VMG Studios. Please drink responsibly.