Lavender, gin — what more do you need? Shake up your happy hour with this week's cocktail, the Lavender Gin Julep.
- 2 oz. Gin
- 0.5 oz. Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 8 Mint Leaves
- Garnish: More Mint and Lavender
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Slap mint leaves and place them in the Julep cup.
- Add lime juice and lavender simple syrup and begin to muddle the ingredients in the cup.
- Add some crushed ice and gin.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Top the julep cup with more crushed ice until full.
- Garnish with mint and lavender.
Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour.
Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content produced by VMG Studios. Please drink responsibly.