Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content. Please drink responsibly.
Leave it to the Food Network Magazine to find a way to sneak cilantro into a drink and make it awesome. Once you get past the sweet cilantro sugar rim of the glass, you will not be disappointed by the refreshing flavor combinations of this drink.
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Cranberry juice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add 2 tablespoons of cilantro and 3 tablespoons of sugar to blender
- Blend until finely chopped, and transfer to small plate.
- Rub rim of martini glass with a lime wedge and dip in the cilantro sugar mix.
- Set glass aside.
- Muddle 1/4 cup cilantro and .5 oz of lime juice in a shaker
- Add 1.5 oz. vodka, 1 oz. aperol, and .5 oz cranberry juice.
- Fill with ice and shake.
- Strain and poor in glass.