Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour.
The Bufala Negra is a delightfully unexpected combination of bourbon, basil, balsamic syrup and ginger beer that will pique the curiosity of your tastebuds and leave you with a fine finish of pleasant satisfaction.
- 1 sugar cube
- 4 basil leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 oz. balsamic syrup
- 1 1/2 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- Topped with ginger beer
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a shaker, muddle the sugar cube, basil and Balsamic Syrup.
- Add the bourbon, fill with ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content produced by VMG Studios. Please drink responsibly.