The San Juan Islands are a popular northwest getaway, for a good reason. They’re close enough to Seattle that you don’t have to spend all day traveling, but far enough away from city life that traffic and work seem like distant memories.
Summer is always a great time to soak up the blue skies and warmer temperatures, but autumn in the San Juans holds its own special allure. Savor the San Juans is a fall feast showcasing all that is great about Lopez, Orcas and San Juan Island, including Friday Harbor.
We hopped a flight on Kenmore Air to check out all the food, farm and film events taking place from now until November 12th. Here are just some of the things you can check out during Savor the San Juans.
- Stay in a cabin, yurt or dome at Doe Bay Resort & Retreat
- See a movie at the Orcas Island Film Festival or the Friday Harbor Film Festival
- Grab a local-flavor infused pint at Island Hoppin Brewery
- Take a farm tour on Orcas and Lopez Island
- Celebrate the tastes and traditions of the San Juan waters at the Salish Sea Festival
- Taste the preserves made straight from local fruits at Girl Meets Dirt
There are tons of lodging and dining specials taking place during the autumn months in the San Juans. Start planning your fall getaway at http://www.visitsanjuans.com/savor-san-juans