Summer may be over, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the outdoors. If you're looking for a place with gorgeous weather and plenty to do, then Palm Springs is the destination.
Fall is one of the best times for a vacation or getaway in Palm Springs. There's so much to do and to see. With beautiful mountains, alfresco dining, tram rides, tons of activities, blue skies, and plenty of sunshine, you'll have a hard time leaving.
Hiking is the perfect way to get up close and personal with the scenery. Check out these five local hikes:
1. Palm Canyon Trail is one of the many trails found within Indian Canyons, which is located just south of downtown Palm Springs.
2. Goat Trails is the ideal trail for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and the best part is that it's open year-round.
3. North Lykken Trail is a moderate hike that will get you to an elevation that you can see the incredible landscape and geography.
4. Andreas Canyon is an easy little hike within Indian Canyons. Take a walk through one of the most extensive fan palm groves in the country and enjoy the gorgeous scenery.
5. San Jacinto Peak is one of many within Mt. San Jacinto Park. It takes you to the second-highest point in Southern California, where you can see Catalina Island or the glow of Las Vegas if you're hiking at night.
After checking out the scenery, head downtown and get a taste of Palm Springs. Stop by Chicken Ranch for a delicious meal and Jus Chillin Frozen Desserts for a sweet treat. Go get your holiday shopping done early at unique stores like Blonde or Candice Held. End your day relaxing in the pool at a distinctive Palm Springs vacation home or condo.
So, what are you waiting for? Daily non-stop flights on Alaska Airlines to Palm Springs (PSP) from both Seattle-Tacoma International (SEA) & Everett-Paine Field (PAE).
To learn more about Palm Springs, visit their website at visitpalmsprings.com.