Last year, we rounded up the 9 best pumpkin patches to explore and this year, we are upping it to 10. We've updated our list with this year's information and added a new pumpkin patch that is destined to become a favorite. So get ready to hunt for the perfect orange gourd, race through the mazes, gobble down cider donuts and partake in farm activities!
We've narrowed down the field to the 10 best patches (complete with farm fun) to explore this harvest season throughout the Puget Sound region.
Please note that most farms are not pet-friendly (though there is one on the list that welcomes leashed dogs!) and you should plan to leave the stroller at home to avoid getting it stuck in the mud. Pack extra boots and bring cash as not every location accepts cards. Be sure to check ahead before heading out as farms sometimes change their hours based on field and weather conditions. Most farms keep their Facebook pages current so check there first.
North of Seattle
The Farm at Swan's Trail
Find 45-acres of pumpkin patches and a 12-acre Washington State shaped corn maze at this fall harvest-themed farm located on the Snohomish River just 45 minutes from Seattle. Enjoy fall fun with wagon rides, a petting farm, live duck races, 3-story hay bar, 40-foot slide, U-Pick Apple Orchard and Farmer Ben's Famous Four Little Pigs Show. Make sure to enjoy their cider donuts (the best we've ever had), kettle corn, caramel apples and hand-dipped corn dogs.
- 7301 Rivershore Rd. Snohomish, WA 98290
- Online: thefarm1.com
- Dates: Sept. 25th through Oct. 31st (note: due to the large volume of field trips, the play area, hay maze and petting farm are not available without a reservation Monday through Fridays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: General admission and parking is free and includes wagon rides, pig show, duck race and petting farm; other activity costs vary from $2-$25.
Bob's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm
This farm offers over 50 varieties of pumpkins on their 30-acre pumpkin patch which is accessed by a free hayride. After picking your perfect pumpkin, anything in between giant 200 pounders to wee mini pumpkins, head to the corn maze for twisty adventure. The maze winds through 10 acres of tall corn with 15 fire pits (all of which are reservable) placed throughout the field. Make sure to also check out the Kiddie Trike Track, playground, cow train, pony rides, hayrides, face painting, Pig Show, Duck Race and Petting Farm. The onsite photographer and hot food concession stand are available on the weekends.
- 10917 Elliott Rd. Snohomish, WA 98296
- Online: bobscorn.com
- Dates: Sept. 26th through Oct. 31st
- Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Cost: No admission fee to enter the pumpkin patch; activity costs vary. Fall Harvest activities take place on the weekends starting Fridays at 3 p.m.
This 20-acre pumpkin patch features more than 20 varieties of pumpkins and also hosts a a 15-acre Alice-in-Pumpkin Land-themed corn maze, hayrides, storytelling, a pumpkin slinger, petting zoo and donut and espresso bar. This farm has everything! The kids will love the non-scary 3-D Pumpkin Barn Adventure and all the fun harvest decorations around the farm. The Kids Adventure Maze is a great option for those not ready to tackle the 15-acre maze. During the weekends, favorite Frozen princesses, Anna and Elsa, will be at Craven Farm singing all the popular songs, posing for individual photos and handing out special Frozen-themed gifts. Showtimes are at 11:30 a.m., 12:10 p.m., 12:50 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:10 p.m. Space is limited to 25 children per time session, so be sure to reserve your space now ($12/child; $5/adults) Note: Babes ages 1 & under and in an adult’s lap are free, but must have an infant ticket.
- 13817 Short School Rd. Snohomish, Wa 98290
- Online: cravenfarm.com
- Dates: Sept. 24–Oct. 31, 2016
- Hours: Daily, 9:30 a.m.-dusk (hay rides, pumpkin/apple slinger, night owl corn maze, face painting and Anna & Elsa meet and greet on weekends only)
- Cost: Free to enter the farm; activity costs vary
The Zipline/Swing, Zombie Paintball, Haunted Attractions and Night Corn Maze with reservable Bonfires, makes this farm an adult paradise! Blast pumpkins through the air with the Pumpkin Cannon and take on the Farm Scene Investigation (FSI) corn maze for even more fun. There is also plenty of delight for the kids here with farm animals, a tube slide, pony train and the Kids Korral, along with the pumpkin patch.
- 630 Sunnyside Blvd. S.E. Lake Stevens, WA 98258
- Online: www.carletonfarm.com/
- Dates Sept. 24th through October 31st
- Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: Admission is free; activity costs vary. Pumpkins start at $1.
Fox Hollow FarmFind the perfect pumpkin, take a train ride, pet animals, ride ponies, roast s'mores, play in the corn bin and explore the Farm Village during the Fox Hollow Farm's Fall Festival. The farm offers reserved sessions for the Fall Festival which sell out fast at this popular location. Kids will squeal with delight over the enormous inflatables and hay-bale maze. The annual Halloween Carnival is a can't miss delight! The farm transforms into a spooktacular play area for little ghosts and goblins. Activities include Halloween-themed games, trick-or-treating and an old-fashioned cake walk.
- 12123 Issaquah-Hobart Rd. S.E. Issaquah, WA 98027
- Online: foxhollowfamilyfarm.com
- Dates: Open until October 30th on select dates
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $50/family (Fall Festival)
Old-fashioned harvest entertainment can be found at Remlinger Farms with their steam train ride, antique cars, 4-H barnyard animals and hay maze. The toddler play area, flying pumpkins ride pedal go-carts and inflatable slide are barrels of fun. Take a hand-led pony ride before filling up on cider donut holes and kettle corn. The farm also offers a U-pick 10 acre pumpkin field and corn maze.
- 32610 N.E. 32nd St. Carnation, WA 98014
- Online: remlingerfarms.com
- Dates: Weekends, Sept. 24th through Oct. 30th
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: $18.75 (under 1 Free); free to enter the U-pick pumpkin patch.
Just outside of Carnation lies Oxbow Farm with U-pick organic pumpkins of all shapes and sizes. They also host fun activities for kids and adults. There is a living playground with tunnels, domes, and a tee-pee covered in gourds, beans, hops and other greenery as well as a House of Hay, farm stand, hay rides, farm tours, climbing tractor and pumpkin sling shot. The 1-acre educational Kids’ Farm is also a popular spot for kids. The Kids’ Farm is separate from Oxbow’s production fields and most of the farm’s educational programming. It is open for free exploration all day; other activities use a magic bean currency where indicated. Magic beans are available for purchase in several places around the farm (1 bean = approximately $1). Oxbow also has several indoor and outdoor picnicking areas in and around the Kids’ Farm.
- 10819 Carnation-Duvall Rd. N.E. Carnation, Wa 98014
- Online: oxbow.org/pumpkins
- Dates: October 2nd until October 30th, 2016
- Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (U-pick pumpkin patch, farm stand and Kids’ Farm are open Thurs.–Sun.; full festival activities happen on Saturdays and Sundays.)
- Cost: Entry and Kids’ Farm free; activity costs vary.
South of Seattle
For more than 21 years, this family-operated farm has been a Southsound favorite. Find more than 50 varieties of pumpkins, gourds, squash and ornamental corn at Spooner Farms. The farm's Harvest Festival hosts a corn maze, pumpkin sling shots, pedal karts, pony rides, face painting, duck races and a kids barn. The Jr. corn maze, candy story and concessions makes this a farm not to be missed.
- 9710 State Route 162 E. Puyallup, WA 98374
- Online: spoonerberries.com
- Dates Oct. 1st through Oct. 31st
- Hours: Corn maze open Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Sling shot open Mon.-Fri., 3 p.m.-6 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Pumpkin patch open daily, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Cost: Free to enter farm; activity costs vary.
This pet-friendly harvest-style pumpkin patch has a huge pumpkin patch, tractor-pulled hayrides and an awe-inspiring corn maze. Keep pets leashed and support local agriculture at this farm. The newly updated farm stand has plenty of treats including locally grown fruits and veggies, gourmet food, cheese, bread, dairy and Northwest wines and brews.
- 12754 S.E. Green Valley Rd. Auburn, WA 98092
- Online: mosbyfarm.com
- Dates: Oct. 1st through Oct. 30th
- Hours: Daily 10 a.m.-dusk.
- Cost: Free; Corn maze: $6-$9 (3 & under Free)
Thomasson Family Farm
Come for the Darigold Farmalicious corn maze, stay for everything else! This operating family dairy farm hosts a large selection of pumpkins, bubble table, duck races, cattle roping, sandbox and slides. There are also tractors and tires to climb on along with tractor train rides. The Korral Kafe has hot cider, homemade breads and pumpkin treats along with kid's hot dog meals.
- 38223 236th Ave. S.E. Enumclaw, WA 98022
- Online: thomassonfarm.com
- Dates: Oct. 1st through Oct. 31st
- Hours: Daily, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Cost: $5-$20. Adults free on weekdays.