If you haven't started decorating for Thanksgiving yet, there's no need to get your turkey feathers ruffled. Seattle Goodwill's DIY Guy, Gary Foy has some great ways to get you gobbling...we mean going... this holiday!
Turkey Hand Art (great for kids and adults)
- Buy some crayons, pens, feathers and bling at Goodwill.
- Trace your hand on a piece of paper.
- Draw a beak and legs to transform your hand into a turkey.
- Color and glue on feathers and bling.
- Write what you are thankful for.
- Display art work
30 Second Fall Cylinder
- Score a large glass cylinder, some faux leaves and gourds and an autumn-hued scarf at Goodwill.
- Gently add the items to the cylinder until full.
Pretty Pumpkin Centerpiece
- Grab a mason jar or small glass jar at Goodwill. You'll also need a small pumpkin, flowers, a black felt pen, a carving knife and gloves.
- Trace the mason jar shape on the top of the pumpkin.
- Making little cuts, use the knife to trace around the circle.
- Remove top of pumpkin.
- Wearing gloves, scoop out seeds etc.
- Place the mason jar inside, making sure it fits snugly.
- Trim flowers to fit inside mason jar and place inside. Add water.
So don't be a turkey... Shake your tail feather and head to Goodwill for some terrific Thanksgiving decor! In addition to DIY supplies, you can find everything you need to dress up your Thanksgiving table - including plates, silverware, napkins and more.