Many factors go into choosing the right vehicle: size, design, durability, and more. One feature that's sometimes neglected is the environmental impact of your vehicle. Why not drive something that checks all your boxes and benefits the world around you?
That choice is made easy with the 2020 Honda CR-V, which is now a hybrid vehicle for the first time ever! The same CR-V that drivers have relied on for performance and versatility now has an electrified fuel range, delivering 40 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
The potential for Hybrid efficiency became a reality this year thanks to a 2.0-liter, DOHC i-VTEC Atkinson-cycle engine plus an electric motor and an e-CVT transmission. If that's too much technology for you, the Driver Information Interface and the Display Audio touchscreen inside the vehicle show you how the hybrid system is operating at all times. These displays report which engine is using power and the charging status of the vehicle's battery.
As the CR-V joins a whole family of hybrid vehicles at Honda, here are some of the other features you can look forward to in the 2020 edition.
- Three different drive modes control how the CR-V performs. ECON mode improves fuel efficiency, Sport mode powers up the engine, and EV mode allows the electric motor to take over completely.
- All-wheel drive comes standard on the CR-V Hybrid, which delivers 212 total system horsepower.
- Drivers can toggle on the steering wheel's regenerative braking feature, allowing the battery to charge whenever the accelerator pedal is released.
- Stay connected on the go with a wireless phone charger and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- LED headlights turn on and off automatically, illuminating your drive while maintaining the theme of saving energy.
- Rain-sensing wipers prepare you for the Northwest's worst weather.
- Sensors cover your blind spots on the rear bumper that detect vehicles you may not see.
- The Honda CR-V Hybrid comes with a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
You've heard people suggest taking the high road. In the CR-V, you'll be taking the "Hybrid Road." Honda defines the Hybrid Road as any choice that makes the future better for us and the environment. That starts with reducing your environmental footprint, picking up trash on the street, making someone smile, or getting the brand-new Honda CR-V Hybrid.
The 2020 CR-V Hybrid starts at $27,850 MSRP. Four different trim levels determine the pricing and features of the vehicle.
MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1120 destination charge and accessories. Dealer prices may vary. MSRP does not include $395 charge for select premium colors. $395 charge only applies to 2021 models.
Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation's New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).
The 40 city/35 highway/38 combined mpg rating is based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.