Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content.
Did you know that Oprah made a drink she calls the Maui in December? Queen Bee tried her hand at making this delicious cocktail, and it turns out it tastes like a cup of sunshine, just like its namesake! You get a cocktail! You get a cocktail! Everybody gets a cocktail!
- Fresh mint
- Fresh ginger
- Pineapple juice
- Pineapple wheels
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Grill pineapple wheel until a dark golden brown
- Set aside and let cool
- Add 3 mint leaves and 1 slice of peeled ginger to shaker and muddle
- Fill shaker with ice, 4 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 oz vodka
- Pour drink into serving glass
- Garnish with grilled pineapple wheel