Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content.
We're coming up on May The Fourth, so it's a GREAT time to come to the Dark Side. The Darth Vader Cocktail is as dark as its namesake, but thankfully not as bitter. This drink is so easy a Stormtrooper could make it! One of these and the force will definitely be with you.
- 1.5 oz. black rum
- .75 oz creme de cacao
- Brown Sugar
- Activated Charcoal
- Lime and Cherry for garnish
Make Black Sugar
- In a small bowl, combine a few pinches of activated charcoal powder and a few tablespoons of brown sugar (enough to rim the glass)
- Stir in a few droplets of water, just enough to stir the charcoal and sugar together until it turns black
- On a plate, squeeze out just enough Karo syrup to rim glass
- Dip rim of martini glass into Caro Syrup and then into sugar combination
- Set aside
Combine Ingredients in a Shaker
- Add 1.5 oz black rum
- Add .75 oz creme de cacao
- Add 1 cup ice
- Add a pinch of activated charcoal powder
- Garnish with two lime wheels and a cherry on a stick to resemble a TIE fighter.