Gordon Biersch will throw the ultimate Bachelor Party at 3:00 pm on the 20th, and we snagged a few minutes of time with general manager and bartender extraordinaire Angelo Pisano to get the scoop on the delicious cocktails his staff will be serving up.
Make these recipes at home for your next bash or come to the Bachelor Party to have Angelo’s staff make one for you. And wherever you’re drinking, please do it responsibly!
1. “Into The Sunset”
Inspired by the clichéd tableaux of two lovers riding off into the sunset, this cocktail is a play on a Tequila Sunrise.
Angelo chose the Milagro Silver Tequila because it mixes well with other flavors and added orange juice for sweetness. Instead of finishing the drink with grenadine, which is typical for a Sunrise, Angelo opted for Chambord, a blackberry liqueur.
Darker than grenadine and more distinctive in taste, Chambord adds an element of intensity and sophistication to the typical Sunrise. Perfect for sipping as you ride off into the sunset with your soulmate.
2. “The Last Rose”
Who gets it? We all do! This drink blends Reyka Vodka with a strawberry purée and simple syrup for a delicious flavored martini.
Reyka Vodka is distilled in Iceland using water from an artic spring that runs through a 4,000-year-old lava field. Powered by geothermal energy from underground volcanoes, it’s leading the way in eco-friendly distillation.
Start by muddling fresh strawberries to unleash their flavors. Add a dash of simple syrup for a little sweetness then add your vodka and shake over ice. Strain the drink before serving in a martini glass with a sugar rim and a strawberry garnish. This is a sweet and simple drink everyone will want to sip up.
3. “Kiss and Tell”
The Rickey gets an update from Angelo. Muddle fresh raspberries and mix with Hendrick’s Gin, a dash of lime juice, sprite and a splash of Cointreau. The citrus from the Cointreau plays with the herbal flavor of the juniper in the gin, adding interest to the sweetness of the raspberry and the sourness of the lime.
What if you want to get creative and make your own signature cocktail or have DIY-cocktail bar at your next bash? Angelo has some inside tips for making your mixtures a success:
- Unless you really know what you’re doing, stick to clear liquors – they play well with other flavors
- Choose flavors you like and offer different ways to incorporate them like fresh fruit, liqueurs, sodas, syrups, juices and infusions
- Right now ginger beers are popular mixers and Moscow Mules are having a heyday – it’s easy to make different versions like blueberry, pineapple, strawberry
- Offer different garnishes – people eat (and drink) with their eyes first so having salt and sugar to finish rims, fresh cut fruit skewers and orange twists will take everything up a notch
- Little umbrellas, sword-shaped stirrers and crazy straws are 100% optional
Ready to go bottoms up? Get details about the Bachelor Casting Call party here. We hope to see you there!