Seattle's got the supply, but what is the demand?!
4,279 new apartments popped up in Seattle's inventory last year, so LinkedIn conducted a survey that measured just what millennials are demanding from their place of dwelling. So what amenities are attracting the overflow of millennial renters?
- Parking & Electric Car Charging Stations.Like, totally green.
- High-Speed Internet and WiFi (around the entire building). Preferably free WiFi on the first floor
- State of the Art Fitness Center - Fitness centers not only act as a place for exercise, but now a place to casually socialize and build friendships.
- Dog Grooming/Washing Facility & Outdoor Pet Run: Because your pet needs to be pampered too.
- High-Tech Control Automation: Using smart technology to control your thermostat, lights, switches, sensors, and locks while you are away. #SmartHouse
- Business Center/ Work-From-Home Space: Because it's 95% easier to work while in your cheetah print jammies, and that's a real statistic.
- Laundry Facility/Service and Dry-Cleaning Drop Off/Pick Up - With all these fun activities going on, who has time to do their own laundry these days?!
My momma taught me to never settle for anything less than perfection, so don't let those standards drop millennials. Go on, check all those boxes.