Whether you're planning a St. Patrick's day party, or want to add a touch of whimsy to your front porch-- Seattle Goodwill is the place to go!
Goodwill's DIY Guy, Gary Foy, shared budget friendly finds as well as easy and fun craft ideas.
Shamrock Glitter Pots
- Buy flower pots, green paint paint and gold glitter at Goodwill. Gather a bottle of Mod Podge and a bag of Rolos Candy.
- Using your computer, print a shamrock shape out and affix it to a a flower pot.
- Use green acrylic paint or green spray paint to coat the flower pot.
- Remove shamrock and paint Mod Podge in the shamrock area. Cover with glitter.
- Paint Mod Podge around the rim of the flower pot and cover with glitter.
- Fill with Rolos.
Fairy Flower Pots
- Buy flower pots, a hammer, a screwdriver, faux flowers and small figurines at Goodwill. You'll also need a Sharpie, real flowers (if desired) and dirt.
- Draw a "lip" inside the flower pot to create a shelf so the dirt stays inside.
- Place the screwdriver on the Sharpie line and whack it with a hammer. The pottery will break.
- Continue breaking pottery to make more shelves and steps.
- Add dirt and use large pieces of pottery to make multiple levels (shelves) and smaller pieces of pottery to make steps.
- Add small figurines, faux flowers and real flowers.
Head to Goodwill to score inexpensive DIY supplies and lovely decor items for your home.