Calling all people who are trying to sell their house! My mom and dad are so, pay attention, parentals.
Zillow Digscompleted an analysis on what terms in real estate listings spiked the interest of buyers and increased sales, and you might be a bit surprised. The most searched word and feature that sold more homes was: "Barn doors." When I first heard this I was a bit confused.
"Barn doors," are rustic sliding doors, and saw the highest premium, selling for 13 percent above expected and 57 days faster. I guess you could say that Barn Doors are the new black.
Other top keywords include:
- "Shaker Cabinets" - Listings mentioning 'Shaker Cabinets' sold for 9.6% more than expected
- "Farmhouse Sink" - 7.9% more than expected
- "Subway Tiles" - 6.9% more than expected
- "Quartz" - 6% more than expected
In the Seattle metro, these home features are the most common:
- Craftsman - 12.5% of all listings in the U.S. mentioning "craftsman" are in Seattle
- Heated Floors - 11%
- Mid Century - 11.9%
- Vertical Garden - 16.7%
Other interesting pointers: The phrase "new carpets" didn't affect any change, but "hardwood floors" sold for two percent more than Zillow Digs expected.
Choose your words wisely folks and happy selling! Check out more information here.