Talk dirty to me. Did you know that it's easy (and dare I say satisfying) to make your own laundry supplies? Whether you're trying to avoid grocery stores right now, or if you just like creating stuff (that's me!) you can whip up some detergent, fabric softener and even stain remover in no time.
In fact, you probably already have the ingredients. You could say it's good, clean FUN!
- Arm and Hammer Washing Soda,
- 1-2 bars of soap you can use Zote, Fels-Naptha or Ivory or your favorite bar soap will do),
- Cheese grater.
- Grate the soap for a total of 4 cups.
- Combine the soap with 2 cups of Borax and 2 cups of washing soda.
- Store in a lidded glass jar or other airtight container.
This recipe makes 8 cups of laundry detergent, 2 T for each load.
- white vinegar
- hair conditioner
- lavender essential oil (optional)
- Warm up 2 cups of vinegar in the microwave, in a microwave safe bowl
- Combine with 1/2 cup of hair conditioner, 1.5 cups of water and 4 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Store in a lidded container or spray bottle.
- Shake well before using.
- Use 1/4 cup during your washing machine’s rinse cycle.
- Whisk Laundry Detergent
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups each of ammonia, Whisk Detergent and water
- Use a funnel to put the mixture in a spray bottle