Time to break out the cozy blankets, warm pillows and autumn decor. Here are 5 ways to get your abode in the fall spirit, from leafy wall hangings to ornamental gourds and plaid blankets.
- Show off your love for the Harvest season with a HARVEST Burlap Garland from Loverlees. The hand cut and painted garland is a perfect addition to any fall mantle with its’ heart-shaped pumpkins on each side. Photo credit Devon Carroll
- Pile on the pillows! This apple pillow cover from So Vintage Chic shows off Washington’s favorite fruit and gets your couch ready for Fall. Each pillow cover is handcrafted and custom made in Seattle. Add a Faux Fur Accent Pillow from Nordstrom for some texture and a cozy feel.
- Get Plaid! Plaid is in this year and that means along with your favorite plaid shirt, toss a few plaid blankets around your home. You’ll feel extra cozy snuggling in bed under Pottery Barn’s Denver Plaid Duvet. This timeless plaid design will also be loved for years to come.
- It’s not really Fall until the decorative gourds come out. As soon as you spot some at the supermarket (we found ours at Fred Meyer), grab a bunch and start piling them around your house for a true Fall feel. Yes, it is a cliche but such a delightful one. Line them up on your mantle or table or place some in a nice glass jar for a nice autumn feel. The small pumpkins are also fun for children to paint and display their own seasonal artwork.
- Don’t neglect your walls! Gnosis Picture Archive’s Fall Colors or Pine Cone Art bring the Fall feeling home. The Pine Cone art is a set of reproduction art prints of 1800's era antique natural history illustrations that have been digitally restored. The colorful set of unframed maple leaf prints are as unique as maple leaves themselves.