The latest edition of Party of Three included a whole lot of meat and some very colorful dinner guests. We dined at Jack’s BBQ and were joined by Miss Indigo Blue, of Seattle burlesque fame and performer El Vez, otherwise known as “The Mexican Elvis.”
They came in their best barbeque-eating clothes (you mean you don’t wear sequins to eat ribs?), and by the end of the meal we were ready to be rolled out in a wheelbarrow.
Jack’s specializes in meat, and they do it right. Low and slow over hardwoods, with a whole lot of love, and no need for BBQ sauce.
Here’s a look at what we ate. We’d like to recommend our favorite menu item, but honestly, it’s just too hard to choose. It’s all that good.
- Bloody Mary (comes with Billionaire Beef Bacon & a pickled egg)
- Smoked Orange Old Fashioned
- Lemonade Margarita
- Buttermilk Hushpuppies
- Rib Tips
- Billionaire Beef Bacon
- Frito Pie
- Picnic for 4 – brisket, ribs, sausage, pulled pork, chicken
- Beef Rib (Only available on Tuesdays)
- Mac and Cheese
- Remoulade Cole Slaw
- Texas Caviar (Black Eye Pea Salad)
- Collard Greens
- Potato Salad
- State Fair of Texas 1996 Champion Pecan Pie (a la mode, of course)
Check out the full menu at http://jacksbbq.com/