PSA: GAME OF THRONES COMES BACK THIS WEEKEND.
Usually I dread Sunday nights as the thought of Monday looms over my head, BUT - there is nothing like a Sunday night when a fresh season of Game of Thrones is airing on HBO.
In order to prepare, we need to ask one another the important questions, like, which GoT house do you like the most? And to be frank with you, I will probably judge you on what you say (unless you say House Stark, then I will love you forever).
Decluttr.com sought to find where America's loyalties lie by seeing which GoT house was favored by each state. They used Google search trends in each state and then mapped out which House they searched for the most.
Thank the Gods, old and new, Washington is Team Stark, which pleases me so! Here's what the study found:
- The majority of Americans firmly support the noble House of Stark. They top searches in a jaw-dropping 24 states including Washington. Other Stark states include the key battlegrounds of California, Nevada, Wisconsin, Utah and New York
- The villainous Lannisters are a distant second with 10 states, including Michigan, Minnesota and Missouri, while the House of Targaryan sit in third with 9 states
- Members of the Daenarys fan club include Alabama, Idaho and Texas
- Illnois and North Dakota both support the House of Greyjoy, which should give poor old Theon something to smile about after his unfortunate encounter with a pack of dogs.
- Worryingly, Maine and Ohio went for the ultra-evil House of Baratheon (let’s hope that’s just out of curiosity…)
Take a look at the map and enjoy the premiere this weekend! Find more information online.