The Walk to End Alzheimer's is this month! To ensure the safety of all involved, a large gathering will not be held. Instead, the Walk will be everywhere — on every sidewalk, track and trail! On Walk day, event participants will:
- Livestream the local Opening & Promise Garden Ceremony.
- Walk on their own, with family or friends in a location of their choice while others in the community do the same.
- Have the option to visit a view-only, drive-by Promise Garden planted in the community in honor of all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
There are also some new, exciting tools available to enhance the Walk experience:
- The Walk to End Alzheimer’s mobile app allows participants to track their steps, follow a virtual path and easily share their progress on social media.
- Participants can also visit the new, interactive “Walk Mainstage” online to share stories and photos, gather resources and learn about the Alzheimer’s Association.
Each registered participant will receive five Walk to End Alzheimer’s yard flags in the mail to raise awareness in their neighborhoods. Flags can be displayed in the yard or a window and participants are encouraged to carry them while walking on event day. Each participant who donates or raises at least $100 will also receive a 2020 Walk to End Alzheimer’s t-shirt in the mail.
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s remains community driven, led by volunteers and featuring local speakers and families affected by the disease. Every dollar raised provides 24/7 care and support while accelerating critical research.
Take your first step by registering for your local Walk to End Alzheimer’s today!
alzwa.org/walk | 1.800.272.3900
8/29/20 Kitsap Peninsula / Bremerton
8/29/20 North Sound / Mount Vernon
10/10/20 Eastside / Redmond
10/3/20 Snohomish County / Everett
10/11/20 South Sound / Olympia
9/27/20 Pierce County / Tacoma
10/3/20 Pacific Northwest/Seattle
KOMO and STAR 101.5 are proud to once again be official media partners for this year's event.