As the year wraps, our inbox's are flooding with "The Best of," or "The Most Popular's" of 2019, and we have to admit - this is our FAVORITE one!
Seattle-based Rover.com, the world's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers, has just released its seventh annual report of the year’s most popular dog names.
Although they have a list of most popular names nationally, we had to take a closer look at Seattle's (which to be honest, it looks almost identical to the national list). You can see that list below, but first - we wanted to highlight some fascinating bullets Rover found in looking at PNW dog names this past year:
- Dogs named Zen have increased by 400%, and Lotus by 300% (Seattle yogis, anyone?)
- Dogs named Sunny have increased by 38% and dogs named Rainy by more than 230%
- The #1 trending dog name in Seattle is Grumpy (!!)
- Nature names are trending with Timber (up 87%), Cedar (up 25%), Juniper (up 62%), Summit (up 40%) and Rainier (up 83%)
- Dogs named Blaze (-56%) and Smokey (-57%) are down, maybe due to devastating recent wildfires in the area?
- Dogs named Sonic have increased 200%
- Dogs named Boba have increased more than 110%
Top Female Dog Names in Seattle
Top Male Dog Names in Seattle
I think I know at least six dogs in my life or is at least one degree of separation away from me with some of these names.
So what's your doggo's name? Learn more on Rover.com.