It’s almost here - Standup for the Cure!
Come have fun in the sun, support an incredible cause, and be proactive in taking control and educating yourself on your health.
Early detection is SO important in increasing survival rates in breast cancer, so feel empowered in knowing you are doing everything possible for your health by having annual screenings (if you are 40 or over).
One of the coolest perks of coming to Standup for the Cure is the ability to get screened on site!
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance’s Mammogram Van will be there, and you won’t be able to miss them. They want their message of, "if you see us, knock on the door," to reach everyone. Their massive van will be easy to spot, and appointments only take 15 minutes, so don’t hesitate to check it out!
If you are wondering if you are eligible for a screening, here’s what you need to know:
- Age 40 and over
- Have not had a mammogram in the past year
- Are symptom free of any breast issue
- If you fit these criteria and want to get screened, here is what you need for your appointment:
- Your medical insurance card. Most insurance plans cover annual mammograms, but we recommend checking before your appointment.
- If you don’t have insurance, funding is available, please ask about a “Sponsored Mammogram” when scheduling your appointment.
- A picture ID
- The name, phone number and address of your primary care provider.
This is one of the most convenient ways to get screened, so consider taking advantage of this awesome opportunity! For more information, visit Seattle Cancer Care Alliance’s website.