If you were born between the years of 1981 and 1996 and are a current resident to the beautiful city of Seattle, WA - you are exactly where you need to be!
According to a study done by COMMERCIAL Café, Seattle is the fourth best metropolitan place for millennials to live and work in.
The results of this study were based on a measurement across seven factors including, millennial population growth across the nation between 2014-2018, amount of millennials overall, regional price parity, millennial unemployment rate, percentage of millennials with a bachelor's degree in the labor force, percentage of millennials with employer-based health insurance, and commuting times.
Based on that data, Seattle tops all other metro places for growth in millennial population by an increase of 14% from 2014-2018. Now this may explain our dreadful rush hour traffic over the past few years! Speaking on that matter, it's no surprise to us that out of the top 10 metro places to live in, Seattle's commute time is the worst with an average of 31.6 minutes.
Even though an increase of population may mean longer commute times, that may be because of the flourishing job opportunities here! The Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metro area has one of the fewest millennial unemployment ratings! Now that's GOTTA be a very attractive trait for a millennial on the hunt for labor.
Take a look at the rest of our stats:
- Millennial population growth across the nation between 2014-2018: 14%
- Amount of millennials overall: 17%
- Regional price parity: 111.80%
- Millennial unemployment rate: 3.4%
- Percentage of millennials with a bachelor's degree in the labor force: 38.7%
- Percentage of millennials with employer-based health insurance: 70%
- Commuting time: 31.6 min.
Here's the list of how the top 10 metro areas placed:
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metro Area
- Austin-Round Rock, TX Metro Area
- Raleigh, NC Metro Area
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA Metro Area
- Salt Lake City, UT Metro Area
- Columbus, OH Metro Area
- Grand Rapids-Wyoming, MI Metro Area
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, TN Metro Area
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA Metro Area
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metro Area
For more info about this study, click here.