Aging is inevitable, but research into collagen has helped to develop a therapy that can turn back time without surgery.
Collagen in the body
Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. It's stored in muscles, bones, tendons, and blood vessels. As we age, the body produces less collagen, and that's what leads to wrinkles, sagging skin, and stiff joints.
Keeping your collagen levels high will make your skin look vibrant, young, and smooth. Topical collagen treatments only penetrate the surface. Collagen molecules cannot penetrate lower levels of the skin, meaning lotions alone cannot boost your collagen.
Adding vitamin C, ginseng, and foods containing hyaluronic acid can help increase collagen levels in your body. Eating certain foods with antioxidants can maintain skin health and protect it from further damage. Nutrients like proline, glycine, and copper, along with high-protein foods, will help increase your body's collagen levels.
A quicker alternative
While altering your diet and avoiding sun damage are smart recommendations, there's also a one-time treatment that can repair skin and bring back a youthful appearance.
Look no further than Purity Medical Spa, located in Seattle and Puyallup. In addition to a wide variety of services, Purity Medical Spa offers Ultherapy, a noninvasive procedure focused on building collagen. By using ultrasound energy, Ultherapy stimulates the body to create collagen again, reversing that aging process.
Why choose Ultherapy?
- Research shows Ultherapy increased collagen production in treated areas by 1.4 times. The Ultherapy study analyzed people's faces that were treated on one side and untreated on the other side.
- It takes up to 90 minutes for a face or neck procedure, while chest treatments only take about 30 minutes.
- It's non-surgical, non-invasive and requires no downtime. This procedure is perfect for those who don't feel ready for more invasive procedures like a facelift.
- Ultherapy is approved by the FDA and has been used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.
- Just come in for touch-up treatments in the future, and Ultherapy can help you ward off the physical effects of aging.
- You may notice a difference immediately after the treatment, and within two to three months as new collagen is produced, your skin will look lifted, tightened, and smooth.
To schedule a free consultation or to book a full appointment, visit Purity Medical Spa's website.