For a lot of us, summer vacation equates with road trips. For Washingtonians, we have some real good news! According to a study done by Wallethub, Washington is the third best state to take a road trip!
WalletHub’s data team compared the 50 U.S. states in terms of 22 key indicators of a fun and frugal summer road trip. The data set ranges from average gas prices to the quality of roads to the number of attractions.
Here’s how we stacked up:
Road Tripping in Washington (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 8th – Number of Attractions
- 4th – Nightlife Options per Capita
- 8th – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 5th – Access to Scenic Byways
- 29th – Lowest Price of Camping
- 1st – Driving Laws Rating
- 14th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
If you are curious about the top 10 (maybe you wanna road trip from Washington to one of these states) here's the list:
- North Carolina
Soo if you’ve been following us for a while, you know how much we love road trips. We have done the research and compiled a few destinations for you over the years. Here's to name a few - if you look under our travel section I'm sure you'll find much, much more!
Happy summer and happy road trippin'!