It’s the National Park Services 100th birthday this August 25th, and Mt. Rainier is joining in the festivities.
Not only will guests gain free access to the mountain from August 25-28th, but there will be live music and other festivities to celebrate 100 years of outdoor adventuring!
Here's some of the events to expect:
- Music in the American Wild: August 12-14—a group of composers and performers will present songs inspired by national parks.
- Free entrance fee August 25-28 for National Park Service Birthday Weekend.
- Celebrate Rainier with activities and demonstrations August 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. throughout the park.
- Star-viewing party at Paradise on August 27.
- Centennial presentations where history comes alive—scheduled throughout August, at various times and locations in the park.