Hey skiers and snowboarders—it's officially the season to shred! We wanted to take full advantage of the playground that is the PNW, so we strapped on our boots and headed to the mountains.
Mission Ridge Ski & Board Resort is located on the east side of the Cascade Mountains and offers winter athletes (and hopeful newbies) more than 36 designated runs spread over 2,000 spectacular acres of trails, chutes, screamers, and bowls, with a 2,250-foot vertical drop. The powder was perfectly light, the sun was extravagantly bright, and the views were just plain incredible.
But we wanted to arrive at Mission Ridge in style, and the 2019 Toyota Tacoma was just the lift we needed.
Backed by Toyota's legendary heritage of toughness, this pickup truck is ready for a day of driving to snowy mountains, scrambling over dirt, charging through mud, or tackling those not-so-small, epic weekend projects.
Whether freshly waxed, coated in dust, or caked in mud, Tacoma's good looks impress from every angle. Up front, its aggressive grille and available hood scoop hint at the power that lies under the hood. The strong profile reveals chiseled lines, muscular fenders, and a purposeful off-road stance. Out back, a tailgate embossed with the Tacoma logo finishes off this truck's athletic look. A few of our favorite features?
- PROJECTOR-BEAM HEADLIGHTS. Let's light it up. Standard projector-beam headlights shine brightly, helping you get a better nighttime view of the road ahead.
- EASY LOWER TAILGATE. The easy lower tailgate opens smoothly, is easily removed when needed and can be locked to help keep your gear secure.
- REAR COMBINATION TAILLIGHTS. Smoked taillights give TRD Off-Road and TRD Sport a bold touch. And on Limited, these lights feature clear lenses to add just the right amount of sophistication.
- LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL. TRD Off-Road models come with a standard electronically controlled locking rear differential, which distributes engine power evenly to both rear wheels, so they move at the same speed, providing more grip in low-traction conditions.
- CRAWL CONTROL (CRAWL). This available advanced system automatically modulates the throttle and brakes on five low-speed settings so you can keep your focus on steering through difficult terrain.
Tacoma's powerful, available V6, rugged chassis and smart off-road technology help this truck go places others fear to tread. And with standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), the Tacoma brings peace of mind to those on-road excursions too. So, it doesn't matter which mountains are calling your name; you can bet that Tacoma has your back.
When the adventures get bigger, so do the toys. Good thing Tacoma's got the brawn to help bring them all with you. When equipped with the available 3.5-liter V6, which includes a standard Tow Package, this truck can tow up to 6,800 pounds. And the 4-/7-pin connector sits cleanly inside the three-piece bumper, helping you haul things out without hitting any snags.
This is where the rubber meets the dirt. With available equipment like an electronically locking rear differential, Crawl Control (CRAWL) and Multi-terrain Select, Tacoma is ready to help you take on difficult terrain. We're talking the same legendary capability that has helped make Toyota king of the off-road, wrapped in one rugged, advanced package. So when the trail gets tough, this truck's got the guts to keep things going.
For more information about this fantastic vehicle, visit one of the local Western Washington Toyota Dealers near you today. You can also visit www.buyatoyota.com to read more about the 2019 Toyota Tacoma and to see interior and exterior pictures.