Join the KOMO family for a day of summer fun, food, and live music at Stand Up for the Cure August 24 at Lake Sammamish State Park. Have a blast while making an impact that could save lives.
Watch or join in paddle board races, yoga on paddle boards and raise funds for Komen Puget Sound. Register here to form your team or donate to a team.
1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and early detection is critical for increasing their chance of survival.
Proceeds of this third annual event and your donations will help Komen Puget Sound provide early detection screening for women in your community.
Stand up against breast cancer and stand with KOMO 4, KOMO Newsradio, Seattle Refined, 570 KVI and STAR 101.5 on August 24.
Ready for a day on the lake? Here’s what you should know:
1. No paddleboard? No problem. Want to learn to paddleboard? You can demo or rent a board and instructors will be around to help turn you into a pro.
2. Prefer to stay dry? Register as a “dry-foot” participant and enjoy the fun, food, music and activities on shore.
3. Remember to register online so you can attend this great event. Once you register, create your own or join a team to start collecting donations to help save the lives of women around your community.
5. All registered participants receive a free SUP jersey, free paddleboard lessons, and tickets to the silent auction with some great prizes.
6. Can’t attend? You can still donate online! All donations go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation where every $125 provides a local woman with an early detection screening.
7. Bring your Discovery Pass for free parking in Lake Sammamish State Park or purchase a one-day pass at our various stations. Space is limited so carpool with friends to make sure you get a spot!
Don’t miss the chance to meet and compete against our KOMO team! Whether in the water or on land, come join the KOMO, KOMO Newsradio, 570 KVI, Seattle Refined, and STAR 101.5 at Stand Up for the Cure.
Register now and see you August 24 at Lake Sammamish State Park!