If you’re on the lookout for something new for your summer bucket list, look no further than Blue Fox Drive In.
This Oak Harbor gem will provide hours of fun and nostalgia and not to mention - the prices can’t be beat!
There are two ways to make your way to Blue Fox Drive In. First, you can hop a ferry to Whidbey Island and wind your way across the island (this might be my favorite; it’s the most beautiful route and definitely the one to take if you have the time) or, the other option is to cross over land via Anacortes. This way you’ll catch the view from Deception Pass. So, truly, either route is a win.
Once you arrive at Blue Fox, prepare for a double feature of new release fun! And, here’s the best news - adults are just $7 FOR TWO FILMS, kids (5-10) are a mere $1.50, and little ones under 5 are free. Hello, you can’t buy a new, single DVD for that price!
Movies begin at dusk but always, always plan to arrive early as Blue Fox can sometimes fill up. I mean, of course it does - who wouldn’t want to spend a relaxing evening kicked back at the drive in?
Showing up well before showtime won’t leave you bored though. Blue Fox isn’t just a drive in. They have Go Karts, classic arcade games, and a full snack bar. Blue Fox boasts a 1/4 mile go kart track and kids 56 inches and up (and kids at heart) can pretend to be speed racers as they loop around and wait for the night’s film to begin. If kids are under 56 inches they can ride with an adult so no one is left out. Go Karts cost $7 for 5 minutes of fun and you only pay for the driver.
Then there’s the arcade. Is it just me or is Blue Fox sounding better and better? You even have the option to book an Arcade Party Package. Party packages are also available for Go Karts and if you’re going with a group it definitely makes sense to call ahead, book a reservation, and have all the fun lined up.
Last but not least - food! Blue Fox Drive In does not allow outside food, but never fear, you definitely won’t go hungry. They’ve got all the good stuff at the snack bar - pizza, curly fries, popcorn, pretzels, refillable soda cups. Supporting their snack bar helps keep their business running and overall prices low. Get ready for all those movie time favorites!
- Are you excited to load up the car and head to Blue Fox? Of course you are!
- Gather some friends and prepare appropriately, here’s a few tips for making your drive in experience the best it can be:
- As mentioned, arrive early. Blue Fox opens at 4pm unless otherwise announced.
- Take cash. Tickets are actually even cheaper for cash payment and often they’ll open a cash line to help things move along quicker.
- Pack lawn chairs, blankets, and other items to make your movie watching experience comfy.
- Bringing kids along? Dress them in their pajamas for an easy transfer to bed once home, it’s gonna be a late night!
- Invite Fido! Pets are allowed as long as they stay on leash.
- Bring a good attitude! The drive in is a fun, but different movie watching experience. It won’t be silent and you’ll benefit greatly from playing nice with those parked near you.
- Follow Blue Fox on Facebook and Instagram for announcements about the current movie line up, giveaways, and specials.
Finally, a bit of breaking news - Blue Fox Drive In was just announced as the #1 drive in theater in America according to MSN Lifestyle! Congrats Blue Fox, what a way to commemorate your 60th year in business!
After you fall in love with Blue Fox, perhaps you’ll add the other 40 recommended drive ins to your life bucket list! Other featured Washington drive ins include Rodeo Drive In Theater in Bremerton and Wheel-In Motor Movie in Port Townsend.