It's Opening Day which means that boating season is among us! Thank the heavens that we've survived another winter.
Boating is for the whole family and so why would you ever think to leave Fido behind? But you gotta be careful, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!
With a little help from Trupanion, we've compiled a list of tips on how to safely include your dog in all boating festivities.
Here's what you gotta keep in mind:
1. Do a test run. You have to help your little honey get acclimated to his sea legs! Let him scurry around the the boat while it's docked safe and sound to get his bearings.
2. Make sure your first aid kit includes supplies for your dog. Is your pup on any meds? BRING 'EM.
3. Canine life jacket. Humans need 'em, so why wouldn't your dog need one?! Make sure you let him run around in his life jacket before you go out on the boat so he can get used to that as well.
4. Does Fido have access to shade on the boat? This is important! Dogs can be very vulnerable to sunlight.
5. H20! No dehydration this boating season, okay?!
Sound good, folks? Happy boating season!