This Sunday, Seattleites celebrate that special woman in their lives - Mom. Celebrating the special Mom or mother figure in your life is wonderful - but coming up with something that shows how much you love them can be overwhelming. Never fear! Seattle Refined has come up with a list of some of the best items for your favorite Seattle Mom.
- Jewelry is a classic gift for Moms and the Double Circle Necklace from Silver and Salt is sure to please anyone. The delicate circles intertwine to symbolize the Mother-Child connection.
- Is your Mom proud to be from Magnolia? Did she leave her heart in Fremont? Seattle moms will be proud to show off their neighborhood love with mugs from Downing Pottery. These adorable mugs do have a 3-4 week lead time but it is well worth the wait.
- Make bath time relaxing with soaps, bath salts and body lotion from Soraam. The Lavender Rain scent and Lemongrass scent are sure to relax your Mom. If that doesn't work, book her a day at the Olympus Spa for some serious relaxation therapy.
- Does the special Mom in your life need some time away? Book her the Mother's Day package from The Lodges on Vashon which includes a 75-minute full-body treatment from Vashon Bodyworks. The customized hot stone massage will sooth tight muscles while the full body dry brushing treatment will soften her skin and increase circulation. Finish with the herbal foot treatment which uses a blend of Icelandic Seaweed Dead Sea Salt, sage and moisturizing oils to exfoliate and detoxify her hard working feet.
- Decorate Your Mum's walls with special hoop art from Catshy Crafts. The joyous mix of felt flowers and hand-cut polka dots will remind your Mom how much she is loved. These embroidered signs are a limited edition so grab one before they sell out!
- Spice up your Mom's abode with Soy Candles, Bath Salts and Hand Soap from Capitol Hill Candle Co. With a plethora of scents ranging from Black Tea and Orange, Campfire Toddy, Blue Spruce, Fresh Cut Grass and more, you are sure to find the perfect scent for your perfect Mama.
- Chocolate is always the way into a Mom's heart and Dolcetta Artisan Sweets has some of the tastiest treats around. From bonbons to caramel truffles and milk chocolate pretzel bars, the handcrafted confections can be found at dolcetta-sweets.com, in Seattle at Kakao, SugarPill, and Handmade Showroom.
- Feed Your Mama! When in doubt, take your Mom out to eat. Several restaurants around town are celebrating Mother's Day with springtime specials. Cafe Lago is serving a Mother's Day special of barratta antipasti with fried peas, prosciutto, and mint; hand-made salmon and dill raviolis and spice cake. Chop Shop is offering up a handful of specials and a unique tea created with moms in mind. Brunch runs from 10am to 3pm on Sunday, May 8, and reservations can be made online or by calling the restaurant at 206.535.8541. Hot Cakes is celebrating Mother's Day with a morning full of savory dishes and a very special sweet treat - plus mimosas, of course. Both the Ballard and Capitol Hill shops will be offering special items on Sunday, May 8.