Seattle Goodwill has everything you need to make Mother's Day A-MOM-Zing. Here are some great gift ideas to make for mom - and some easy ways to pretty up mom's patio too!
Goodwill's DIY Guy, Gary Foy, shared budget friendly ways to set the stage for mom to have fun in the sun.
Flower Planter Dresser
- Buy a dresser from Goodwill and paint it a fun color. Get some potting soil and flowers.
- Fill the dresser drawers with soil and plant your flowers.
- Use the dirt to store tools or keep them in their own drawer.
- Buy a chair from Goodwill and gather a sharpie, spray paint, and a terracotta pot.
- Place your terracotta pot on the chair and trace the base with your sharpie.
- Use the scissors to cut out the mark you traced on the chair.
- Spray paint the chair and the terracotta pot in your desired color.
- Place the pot though the hole on the chair and plant flowers.
- Buy a chandelier from Goodwill. You'll also need needle-nose pliers, wire cutters, a glue gun, spray paint, scissors, small saucers, key-chain, and pots.
- Use the pliers to remove any remaining light fixtures on the chandelier by twisting until the wire comes out.
- Cut the wire and remove the fixture.
- Spray paint the chandelier, pots, and saucers.
- Plant flowers in the pots.
- Glue the saucers to the pots and then place them where you removed the light fixture.
Barbecue Life Hack
- Buy a barbecue from Good Will and grab some aluminum foil and all purpose vinegar.
- Make a ball out of the aluminum foil that fits your hand like a scrubber.
- Take the all purpose vinegar and soak the BBQ .
- Grab your big ball of foil and start scrubbing on the grill.
- Wipe off the grill to reveal your gorgeous new BBQ.
Head to Goodwill to score inexpensive DIY gifts for mom!