For once in his life, when Chris Harrison says this season of Bachelor in Paradise is going to be the most dramatic yet - he actually might be telling the truth.
As the inappropriate stepchild to the enormously successful larger franchise, Bachelor in Paradise essentially takes runner-ups from the past seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, puts them on a beach in Mexico, adds a little alcohol and tiny swimsuits, and then sits back to see what happens.
People are hooking up left and right, switching partners, getting in fights, crying, getting sent home, leaving of their own accord, giving roses, taking roses away...you name it, it happens on Bachelor in Paradise.
So as you can see, it's already pretty dramatic. Add the national media spotlight that's been on the show since an incident during filming shut the show down for a week? And the drama explodes and intensifies.
This week's episodes (yes, BIP airs for two hours on Mondays and two hours on Tuesdays) addresses all of it, and primed the audience for a season that delivers big on the #1 thing Bachelor in Paradise is selling = crazy, sexy, drama.
The Absolute Best Moments of This Week's Shows
- "Dean looks fantastic. Dean is way hotter than I thought he'd be," Iggy, on his first impressions after arriving at Paradise.
- "Cheers to not being hot as balls," Alexis, after taking off her dolphin/shark costume (which she arrived to Paradise in).
- "I'm doing me. Which is what I do best," Corinne, on her Paradise motto.
- "There were so many things that were great, but there was something off. He was a sweaty person," Amanda, on her ex-fiancé Josh.
- "I can tell when I'm feeling someone when my vagina dances. It's not dancing right now," Alexis, on whether she's into anyone yet.
- "Robby has 12 abs. You should only have 6 abs, max. He talked about being an influencer. Every time he brushes his hair I took a drink. I can't date someone prettier than me," Raven, after her date with Robbie about how they're not going to work.
- "I like having all the eggs. Err wait. Am I the basket?" Raven, about being Ben's only hope for a rose.
- "I already have two kids. I don't need another little person following me around," Amanda on her feelings for Alex.
- "Iggy is full of sh*t," Lacey, saying out loud what I've been screaming at the TV since we met Iggy.
- Evan and Carly's marriage. They're weirdos, but we love it.
The Most Cringe-Worthy Moments of This Week's Shows
- "I want to go on record that I'm not a serial killer, I'm a lawyer," Jack Stone, addressing his creepy smile.
- "I'm here to be the wingman for the awkward guy in the corner," DeMario, on being the most humble guy in Paradise *NOT*
- "I have a dog back home," Ben, to anyone and everyone who will listen. Look, we love dogs too - but you should definitely talk about other things.
- "Corinne is the life of the party. And I'm also the life of the party," Iggy, another completely helpless human.
- Jasmine "jokingly" choking everyone. It's still not funny, Jaz.
- Jorge leaving, and Wells being the new bartender. Why???
- Jasmine getting pissed that Matt went to bed instead of kissing her. Jaz! People need their sleep. Don't take it personally.
- Lacey deciding she is going to be alone forever, and crying about it. Girl. It's like Day 2 of Bachelor in Paradise.
- The entire cast and Chris Harrison dissecting race relations, sexual assault, abuse and the whole Corinne/DeMario scandal - without either Corinne or DeMario there. On one hand I'm glad they addressed the "elephant in the room", but on the other, it just felt off in that setting.
- Having four hours of Bachelor in Paradise under our belts, but not a single rose ceremony.
- Derek and Taylor
- Kristina and Dean (though things seem a bit rocky at the moment)
- Ben and Raven
- Jasmine and Matt (but after that sleeping incident who knows)
Single and Ready to Mingle
- Jack Stone
- Daniel and his Canadian speedo show up, and apparently he tries to make a sex tape (?!)
- Robby moves in on Amanda, but she KNOWS he still has feelings for Raven
- Tears, tears, and more tears. From a LOT of different people