Ho, ho, ho! Clip, clop, click!
Do you hear what I hear? It’s Santa’s reindeer rollin’ into Washington!
That’s right, before the reindeer magically fly through the night’s sky on Christmas Eve you can visit them at two different locations - Cougar Mountain Zoo for Issaquah’s Reindeer Festival and the Leavenworth Reindeer Farm. So, are you ready for a safe, day’s outing to visit Santa’s #1 squad? Here’s the scoop!
- When: December 1st-23rd, 2020 from 10:30am-4:30pm (or dusk) and December 26th-30th from 10:30am-3:30pm
- Where: Cougar Mountain Zoo, 19525 SE 54th Street, Issaquah, Washington 98027
- Cost: $16.50 general admission, $13.50 for ages 2-12, free for zoo members
- Know before you go: Pre-purchased tickets required as attendance is limited, buy tickets here, members must also reserve an entrance time
At the annual Issaquah Reindeer Festivals guests will have the opportunity to feed the Cougar Mountain Zoo’s herd of reindeer from the reindeer walkway that leads to Santa’s house. In addition, you can meet Santa or Rudolph and take socially distanced photos for a minimum donation. Before you go, be sure to sit and listen to a socially distanced elf hosted story time.
Since opening in June, Cougar Mountain Zoo has taken immense precautions to protect their guests and staff. Surfaces are disinfected frequently and there is a recommended one path throughout the zoo to ensure proper spacing between parties. The Zoo operates at 25% capacity, hence the need to pre-purchase timed entry tickets to participate in the Issaquah Reindeer Festival.
- When: Year round! 9am-3pm in December 5-6 days a week and 10am-1pm in January Friday-Monday
- Where: 10395 Chumstick Highway, Leavenworth, Washington 98226
- Cost: $20 general admission for ages 3+
- Know before you go: Advanced reservations required, book your visit here, and plant to wear closed toe shoes, boots are recommended.
Just one mile from the quaint downtown of Bavarian-themed Leavenworth you’ll find the Leavenworth Reindeer Farm. Hour long tours offer an educational opportunity to meet and feed the free-range reindeer while learning about their antlers and this specific herd. Reindeer aren’t the only animals at the Leavenworth Reindeer Farm; guests also have the chance to meet draft horses, ducks, bunnies, ponies, pigs, and chickens.
At the farm, masks are required and hand sanitizing stations are located throughout. It is easy to socially distance during visits as the farm is located on 12 acres. During December tours, there will be complimentary cocoa, cider, and cookies and Santa - with a face shield - is available for free photos so bring your camera!