Alright, Seattleites. It’s time we owned up to the fact that our city does not evoke the feelings of a winter wonderland during the holiday season. Luckily, there is one place in our grey paradise where even Scrooge can find some Christmas spirit; Wildlights at Woodland Park Zoo.
From November 25th – January 1st, the zoo is decked out in holiday lights and festive features. More than 600,000 LED light recreate wild animals and exotic places throughout the zoo, but that’s just the beginning. Take a look at some of the things you and your kiddos (or just you, we don’t judge) can take part in this season.
- Indoor snowball fights!
- Night rides on the carousel
- Meet the reindeer
- Get your photo with Santa (Friday – Sunday and Dec. 19-23rd)
- Seahawks Night on 12/12
- Select indoor exhibits will be open to explore (the nocturnal animals’ time to shine!)
- Winter Warm-Up – beer, mulled wine and spike hot cider for those of us 21+. Hot chocolate, donuts and chowder for everyone.
- Pokémon Go Night on 11/30
Put on your puffy coat and a warm hat, head to Wildlights and just try to not be in the holiday spirit. For more info visit the Woodland Park Zoo website.