You’ve seen Danai Gurira as the fierce warrior Okoye in Marvel’s Black Panther and now "Avengers: Infinity War" on the big screen or as zombie-killing Michonne on "The Walking Dead".This action star has a different creative side as a playwright. You can see her play at Seattle Repertory Theatre.
By Danai Gurira
Directed by Taibi Magar
Produced in association with The Guthrie Theater
April 27 – May 27, 2018
Bagley Wright Theatre
In wintry Minnesota, the Chinyaramwira family is getting ready for the marriage of their eldest daughter, but when the bride and groom want to observe a TRADITIONAL ZIMBABWEAN CUSTOM for their wedding, deep-seated tensions arise. Adding fuel to the flames, unexpected family guests turn up revealing UNINVITED SECRETS. Written by Tony™-nominated Danai Gurira, Familiar focuses a lens on the MESSY, HILARIOUS, SPIRITED dynamic of a modern first-generation Zimbabwean American family, revealing the layers of complexities rooted in the search for A SENSE OF BELONGING
Here's your chance to win a pair of tickets:
- Like us on Instagram @seattlerefined
- Look for our contest post on April 26, 2018.
- Leave a comment with the hashtag #FamiliarContest
- One winner will be picked on April 30, 2018 for a pair of tickets to an upcoming performance.
See the complete rules below
SEATTLE REFINED “FAMILIAR” INSTAGRAM COMMENT OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Contest: Seattle Refined “Familiar” Contest
- Station: Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC dba KOMO
- Station Address: KOMO, KOMO Plaza 140 4th Avenue N, Seattle, WA 98109
- Contest Area: King, Douglas, Pacific, Chelan, Snohomish, Thurston, Kitsap, Island, Pierce, Mason, Jefferson, Skagit, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Whatcom, San Juan, Clallam counties.
- Sponsor(s): Seattle Repertory Theatre
- Prize Provider(s): Seattle Repertory Theatre
- Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18).
- Contest Period: April 26, 2018 to April 29, 2018
- Entries Due:April 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm pst
- Entry is limited to one (1) entry per account (total or per the contest period).
- Hashtag to Enter: #FamilarContest
- Drawing Date: April 30, 2018
- Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date: One (1)
- Total Number of Winners: One (1)
- Prize(s) and Value(s): Two (2) tickets to the performance of "Familiar" playing until May 27, 2018 at Seattle Repertory Theatre. Winner will receive letter with instructions on how to redeem tickets for performance of their choice based on availability. The total value of the prize is $100 ($50 per ticket).
- Station’s Instagram Account: @seattlerefined
- Station’s Instagram Website: https://www.instagram.com/seattlerefined/
- Station’s Website: http://seattlerefined.com
- Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://seattlerefined.com/terms
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
- All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
- To enter, follow the Station’s Instagram Account during the Contest Period with Entrant’s Instagram Account by clicking the “Follow” button.
- Then, post a public comment (i.e. not protected) that includes the Hashtag to Enter in response to the Station’s contest-related post on the Station’s Instagram Account Website.
- There is no charge to sign up for Instagram. Entries submitted via this method will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account the entry is submitted from at the time of entry. For this entry method, the “authorized account holder” is the person who is assigned to the Instagram account by the online service provider. The account holder’s profile must be public in order for Entry to be considered. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
The Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid and correct entries received.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, reside in the Contest Area, and have an Instagram account.
- Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
- Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
- By submitting an entry, Entrant acknowledges that his or her entry may be posted across any or all of Station’s digital and social platforms, at Station’s discretion. Submission of an entry grants Station and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
- Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
- Each winner will be notified by Instagram Direct Message. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
- If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. the Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
- Only one prize will be awarded per household, per Instagram account, if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
- The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Instagram accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
- Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
- The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
Instagram is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.