Summer is here and its time to hit the beach, pool or maybe just your own backyard (yay for kiddie pools!) To complete your overall swimwear look, you need a cute cover-up. You can't go wrong with a pair of cut-offs, a sarong or a sundress but why not switch things up? Check out these ideas for cover-ups that take the beachwear road less traveled. The best part, is that these goodies might already be in your (or his) closet!
- Men's Over-Sized Dress Shirt: Grab one of your mans button ups, I'm digging the white with navy strips. Another benefit, you can wear this look with cut-offs or leggings. Easy peasy. If you need an excuse to shop for your man look at J-Crew or Banana Republic for this item.
- Kimono or Over-Sized Cardigan: These gems are not just for the office. Throw one of these on over your suit, add a belt and long necklace if you want to get real fancy.
- Jumpsuit: Try this Wide Leg Jumpsuit ($78$). You'll be the doll of the pool. Add a high bun and bright lip.
- Overalls: As I've said before and I'll say it again, overalls are a super hard look to rock. Dare to be different and go for it. Stick with the short-overalls and keep them a bit baggy. Try these adirondack short overalls ($118)
- Dress Shorts: These Madewell 'Vinefloral' Drapey Pull-On Shorts ($59.50) are darling. Pair with a plain white tee or tank. Go straight from the beach to the bar.
- Maxi Skirt or Maxi Dress: One piece swimsuits are where its at this summer, throw a maxi skirt on and you'll be covered but still sexy. Target has tons of affordable and comfy options, try this Tie Dye Maxi Skirt (13.99). A maxi dress is always a great go to if you want more coverage.
- Scarf: This isn't just for winter. A light weight scarf can double as a cover-up and a blanket to lay out on. Here's a little how-to guide.
Now get creative people, so much can be done with whats already in your wardrobe!