The northwest isn’t exactly well-known for its fashion-forward thinking (hello, flannel!). But for one week in September, The Bellevue Collection becomes a fashion mecca. September 21st – 25th is fashion week, and it kicks off with the Independent Designer Runway Show.
Nine northwest designers have spent the past six months gearing up for the 5th annual Independent Designer Runway Show, where they’ll showcase their collections for a chance to win $5000 and have their collection displayed in Bellevue Square during the month of October. They’ve worked with mentors throughout the process, showcasing a collection of 10 looks, five of which are required to be brand new and never shown before. Finalists’ designs will hit the runway and be judged by a panel of fashion experts. A “Fan Favorite” will also be determined live, during the show.
All they have to do is impress the judges with their creativity and originality (simple, right?).
Here are the up-and-coming designers whose work will be showcased on September 22nd.
- Like a Rock Star by Chris Jones (likearockstar.com)
- Devonation by Devon Yan (devonyan.com)
- man.tis by Elma Miza (shopmantisseattle.com)
- Gina Marie by Gina Moorhead (houseofginamarie.com)
- Julie Danforth by Julie Danforth (juliedanforthdesign.com)
- Dollstreet by Lindsay Moen (dollstreetshop.com)
- Valentina & Valentia by Milena Natanov (valentinavalentia.com)
- Milano MAI by Oscar Milano Mai (milanomai.portfoliobox.io)
- Aburu Fashion House by Shalom Aburu
Get your tickets to the Independent Designer Runway Show and all the other Fashion Week shows at: fashionweekbellevue.com
Be sure to check back on SeattleRefined.com, as we’ll be bringing you all the details of fashion week during the month of September, including one-on-ones with some of the designers and an up-close look at this year’s trends. Watch the video to check out some of the designers.